Since 1937 Puppeteers have proudly been members of this organization. You could be too!
Memberships last a year from the date of purchase and are available for both individuals and professional companies. Purchase a membership for yourself, your company, or buy a membership as a gift for someone else!
JOIN TODAY | RENEW NOW
Don’t want to do it online? No problem! Mail in your membership dues by downloading the printable PDF form here. There are many benefits that come with a membership to Puppeteers of America. As a member you will have access to:
The Puppetry Journal
The magazine of Puppeteers of America appears four times a year. Each issue contains color photographs and articles covering all aspects of Puppet Theater and features the work of PofA members.
Very often performers are required to carry liability insurance. Members may purchase a million dollars of liability coverage at a very nominal annual cost through the Puppeteers of America. This service is only for members of Puppeteers of America.
National & Regional Puppetry Festivals
- The National Festivals, sponsored by the Puppeteers of America, are intensive, week-long conferences held every other year in a different region of the country.
- Regional Festivals conducted in alternate years are usually hosted by local Guilds and are of shorter duration. There may be several regional festivals happening around the country in any given year.
- Puppet theatre productions of many styles are performed by award winning artists and newly discovered talent. Late evening events provide a venue for anyone to show brief performance pieces. All are welcome.
- Festivals typically feature workshops on all aspects of puppetry, exhibits of contemporary and historic puppets, and a puppetry store.
- The highlight for many puppeteers is the opportunity to reunite with old friends, make new friends and network.
- Members of the Puppeteers of America enjoy a discounted registration to all puppetry festivals.
SCHOLARSHIPS & ENDOWMENT GRANTS
- The Puppeteers of America offers three scholarships that cover registration at National Puppetry Festivals to assist those members who might otherwise not be able to attend.
- The Emma Louise Warfield Memorial Fund provides assistance to adult members.
- The Mike & Frances Oznowicz Youth Scholarship was created to help our younger members to attend a festival.
- The Bernice Silver Festival Grant provides assistance for seniors.
The Rufus Rose Endowment for New Works
- The fund was established in 1975 to honor Rufus Rose and is available to all members. Members are eligible to apply for small project grants. Awards range from $100 – $1,000 and are made every two years at the National Festival.
- The Puppeteers of America Audiovisual Library was established as a resource center and archive for the recorded history of puppets. The archive collection is now at the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry, 1 Royce Circle, suite 101B University of Connecticut, Storrs CT 06268. The curator is John Bell. To view the collection contact program assistant, Emily Wicks. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The second collection is at the PofA office. You may request DVD’s on loan from the AV Library. To request a catalogue listing, contact the PofA office. The only requirement is that you pay for shipping both ways.
The Puppetry Store
Puppetry Store is available at all National festivals and some Regional festivals. It is a great source for books, DVD’s, and instructional materials. Consigned goods are a great way to help pay for festival expenses as well as pick up incredible puppets and accessories.