Current OpeningsADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Applications accepted until filled
Position start date TBD Autumn, 2021
Applications are now being accepted by Puppeteers of America for the Administrative Officer position.This important leadership team member is responsible for the administrative management and office operations of Puppeteers of America (PofA). This is a flexible, part-time, annually-renewable position starting November 1, 2021 (paid training with current Administrative Officer the week prior). Please apply no later than October 15, 2021. Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
Puppeteers of America ("PofA") Administrative Officer Independent Contractor (IC) Position Description
Administration and Communication
- Carry out duties such as collecting mail, managing the inbox, answering phones, checking voicemail and responding to general inquiries in a professional and understanding manner.
- Serve as a conduit to relay information between Board Members, Appointed Officers, Regional Directors, Committee Chairs and Festival Planners.
- Draft or edit and schedule and send e - mail newsletters to PofA membership on regular basis (currently monthly and as needed for special news/announcements).
- Support Board of Directors as they manage official policies, procedures and guidelines for all aspects of organizational operations. This includes, but is not limited to, providing support for initiatives of the Development Committee and support for the PofA Fiscal Agency program.
- Process incoming deposits into QuickBooks and assist CPA with reconciling accounts. Serve as point- person for communications related to QuickBooks.
- Prepare and maintain the statement of ownership for the Puppetry Journal. Manage the payment of publishing invoices after each issue.
- Pack and ship orders for merchandise, Puppetry Journal back issues and A/V lending library materials.
- Pay annual or quarterly sales tax for the Puppetry Store by Dec 31 .
- Work with Membership Officer to maintain Constant Contact database.
Maintenance and Operations
- Provide oversight of the office and equipment to ensure safety, cleanliness, and accessibility. Coordinate repairs and maintenance, as needed. Ensure that rent is paid on a monthly basis (using Sabathani Community Center's autowithdrawal program) and that invoices and receipts are collected and filed.
- Assist with the preparation of merchandise for the Puppetry Store ahead of regional and national puppetry festivals.
- Assist with organizing the office space and taking inventory of various material assets.
- Provide a monthly report to the Board at the monthly Board meetings.
And all other tasks as specified by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, self - motivated, communicative individual with familiarity with Puppeteers of America, the nonprofit sector and Google Suite. Familiarity with Wild Apricot (or other database management software) and QuickBooks -- or a willingness to learn and use these tools-- is needed. Though able to work remotely to cover most responsibilities, candidate
must reside within driving distance of Minneapolis, MN (where the physical "home office" of PofA is located). Proximity to a US Bank branch or ability to mobile deposit through the US Bank App is a plus.
PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES: Administrative Officer shall determine the manner in which the services are to be performed and the specific hours to be worked by Administrative Officer. Time commitment will vary throughout the year based on the needs of the organization, but the duties will likely average 12- 15 hours per week. Schedule is flexible but should include a consistent work presence (in office or remote) at least three days per week, with regular/consistent in - person presence in the Minneapolis office space.
COMPENSATION: PofA will pay a monthly honorarium to Administrative Officer for the Services in the amount of $625.00 per month. This fee will be payable to Administrative Officer on the 25th of each month.