Located close to Iowa City, home of the University of Iowa and the internationally renowned Iowa Writers’ Workshop, West Liberty is an iconic small town, with an active main street and midwestern hospitality.
The Regional Festival will take place in various buildings downtown, all within a distance of about four to six blocks, starting Thursday evening with registration, finger foods, a show, and a party. Friday will include workshops, performances in our opera house, and a Puppet Slam. Saturday will feature the West Liberty Children’s Festival, complete with five puppet performances and lots of street food and activities, A street dance with a Latino band, and finally a delicious catered dinner and another performance. Sunday: breakfast, one last show, and farewells to friends, old and new!
We’re looking for the following kinds of shows:
Submit Performance Proposals Here by April 20, 2022
- Family friendly shows that can be performed outdoors
- A school show that connects to the curriculum
- Any other show including adult-oriented, small shows, slam pieces, etc.
Submit Workshop Proposals Here by April 20, 2022
- In view of current events, workshops that help navigate the online world might be especially helpful
- Connecting puppetry to the curriculum (for puppeteers and teachers)
- Workshops helpful for librarians
- Business workshops to help puppeteers make a living in the current economy
- Any other workshop including performance, construction, and/or writing